Something to be grateful for.

Okay. Its true. I haven't woke up every single day completely elated to be here.

Its not even, really, that I haven't been happy to be in Europe. Its just, maybe, that being in Europe and away from my routines, my therapist and my cat has disrupted my life enough that I have had a hard time keeping my spirits up.

When I signed up to be here I knew that I'd be working from home. That I'd have to give up some of my economic self reliance. That Dre would be working in an office full of vaguely familiar people while I cleaned the house and cooked the dinner.

And while I did everything I could imagine to prepare myself for this shift, its had its challenges.

Which is why today has been such a breath of fresh air. For the past couple of weeks my capacity for appreciating the enormous blessing that is the opportunity to live and work in Europe has been strained.  And it has required a lot of conscious communication, support from friends and more than a few sleepless nights to crest this wave.

All the while Dre and I have come to know one another better - she at her best, me at my less-than-best (maybe worst). {And its really beautiful when you look at it that way.}

I knew these last couple of weeks presented their own kind of blessing. But that didn't stop me me from hoping/praying/waiting for the rocky period to pass and for the easier-going Rachel to reappear.

And she did. Today.

Shift happens.

So after my lunch, breakfast, run, lunch, grocery store routine, I set out to photograph the park I am  thankful for. Because today I really saw it again. With grateful eyes. With ears that hear the bossy starlings, crows and gulls. With a heart that laughs at the old people and curious babies. And the mind that is excited and curious about how this place transformed itself from an antiquated hub of industry into a vibrant, dynamic culture (and nature) park.

Hope you enjoy the pics. I'll enjoy the better attitude.










Comments

Popular Posts