My four-legged life partner

Tonight I cried in Whole Foods.

I was shopping for 3 months worth of cat food and while I had already stocked up on 55 lbs of cat litter, picking out Aries' selection of wet cat food for the next three months was more than I could manage.

I tried ordering a whole case...


Dre happened upon me in the pet aisle, bottom lip out,  7 cans of Spot's Stew stacked in my arms.

As soon as she hugged me tears sprang forth and I started gasping weepy gasps.

Aries is 16 years old. She has been my companion my entire adult life and now I am leaving her for 3 months.

THREEEEE MONTHS!

Its really the worst.

I wake up to her everyday, cuddle with her everynight and rely on her nails clicking against the hardwood to feel like I am at home. When we discovered that she wasn't going to be able to join us, I thought about not going. Its a possibility I've revisited many times. 

who wants to leave those furry paws? not me.

But I am going and she is staying and saying good-bye to a kitty who croons when I am gone for even a long weekend is taking a toll.

I invite you to hassle her temporary caregivers, Jordan and Jacob and arrange for visits, if you are nearby. (I'm serious here).

I know she is in good hands and that she'll have all of the love that she needs, but still...

:(


Comments

Popular Posts