Upcoming trials, travels and travails aka We are going to Europe!

This time next week I'll be on a train bound for Paris.

Woah.

Dre and I are embarking on a three month adventure and I'll be using this blog to catalogue our feats.

Right now we are contemplating which kitchen and clothing will make the cut. Brown rice flour: Yes. Dried vegetarian soup stock: No. Nutritional yeast: Yes. Wooden clogs: Maybe. Rain boots: Yes. Crimping iron: Sigh. No. You get the drift.

We have enormous  European traveller suitcases generously loaned to us by the woman responsible for these tutus, otherwise known as Dre's mom. And while we haven't actually put anything in them yet, except for Lewis when he was pretending to be a baby pigeon.



We feel like there is a whole world of possibility.

Speaking of possibility; we are going to EUROPE for three months. Its like possibilities galore.

Dre's fancy job is setting us up with an apartment in Amsterdam and she'll be working and I'll be working, but it'll all be going down in an UNESCO Wold Heritage site.

The confirmed travel plans are as follows:
Monday, September 24, Dre and I board a plane to Amsterdam (by way of Munich). We arrive in Amsterdam on Tuesday afternoon, stake out our new digs, spend the night and wake up on Wednesday to catch a train to Paris. We've booked an adorable airbnb apartment and will spend six days taking in the dizzying array of amazing that is The City of Light. Then its off to Prague. I can't tell you how flipping delighted I am about our Eastern European destination. I've been drooling over travel books and can't wait to check back in here with descriptions of the Charles Bridge and the old town and the new town and the Muzeum Komunismu.

Clearly it'll be a busy couple of weeks.

After that we'll settle into our Amsterdam routine, taking little weekend trips as our energy, interests and budgets allow. I have my eyes on the Hague, Berlin and Copenhagen. We'll see...

xoxox - R

Comments

Popular Posts