Home! On Haarlelemmerweg

Its Monday morning (okay its almost noon, but its my morning as I still haven't firmly rooted myself in this new time zone and spent a good deal of my sleeping hours awake - reading about Kuala Lumpur).

Today marks the beginning of our new routine. Dre is off to work and I'm at home tending to our domicile and preparing to do my own remote gig.

working woman here
We arrived on Saturday night and I promptly went to work sprucing up the place. Our housemate wasn't scheduled to arrive until the next morning so I wanted to make things more cozy before he arrived and got anxious about me changing things around.

We are in an Ikea furnished two bedroom and it had the feel of transient college housing, so I straightened things up a bit and voila much better. The roses I bought for Dre (after being a sort of jerk to her) are really helping too.  Sorry babe!

I love Dre.
Our housemate Joechim arrived early yesterday morning. He just flew in from Malaysia and was ready to see some sights. Luckily another workmate had the energy to meet him, because Dre and I were firmly planted in our nesting energy and I especially needed to get the house in working order before I was ready to explore.

I made us an end table out of two stacked suitcases and converted a third into our sock and undies drawer.

We also stocked the fridge. We went a little bananas at the local market, avoiding buying the only thing we really wanted: bread!!!

Bread, previously off limits, had accompanied every meal for the last two weeks and it was nearly impossible to leave the store without it. But we did it! And last night I made us a (pretty good, not great) risotto to mimic the comforting goodness of bread while loading it up with kale and other more healthful goodies.

We also checked out the Sunday market. I think they pay people to be cute here.

you have no idea how cute this was
By nightfall we were ready to grab a drink with Joe so we ventured out into the cold to have a glass of wine in a cafe we'd passed earlier. Joe and Dre talked shop and Joe told us about life in Kuala Lumpur (or KL, as he calls it).

Now I'll head out for my first run in WEEKS. And maybe brave a trip to a local flea market.



Comments

Popular Posts